- Your baby yawns, hiccups, sucks & swallows
- Your baby starts moving a lot, even kicking
- If you’re having a girl, the vagina, uterus, and fallopian tubes are in place
- If it’s a boy, the genitals are distinct and recognisable
A mid-pregnancy ultrasound scan is often advised sometime in the second trimester (usually between 18 and 22 weeks)
- To assess fetal growth and development.
- Screen for certain birth defects
- Check the placenta & umbilical cord
- Determine whether the gestational age is accurate.