Dr. Snita Sinukumar
Distinctive expertise in performing more than 1000 surgeries in cancer!
Dr Snita Sinukumar has the distinction of being the first lady cancer surgeon in the city of Pune. One of the most expert and best surgical oncologists in the city, Dr Snita is highly familiar with the diagnosis and treatment of multiple cancer sites. She has performed more than 1000 cancer surgeries. Her vast experience in various cancer surgeries includes weirtheims surgery, commando operations, thyroidectomy, breast conservative surgery, mastectomy, whipples surgery, colorectal surgery, radical nephrectomy and cytoreductive surgery for ovary cancer.
Dr Snita completed her MBBS from Topiwala National Medical College B.Y.L Nair Hospital, Mumbai. She went on to do MS General Surgery from B.J. Medical College, Pune, and MCH (Surgical Oncology) from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai. She has ESPSO fellowship in Peritoneal Surface Malignancy and HIPEC from National Cancer Institute, Milan, Italy and Krakenhaus Barmherzige Bruder, Regensburg, Germany.
Prior to joining Motherhood, her professional association included Specialist Registrar in Surgical Oncology, Clinical Fellow in Breast Oncology, and Senior Registrar in Surgical Oncology with Tata Memorial Hospital.
If you are looking for expertise and experience in cancer surgeries, Dr Snita is the ideal clinician for you. Book an appointment now!</p.
Registered with Maharashtra Medical council. MMC No.- 2005021186
Dr. Snita SinukumarMBBS, MS, MCH
- Skillfully performed more than 1000 cancer surgeries on various subsites.
- Contributed to several PubMed indexed articles and presented at National and International conferences, Enumerating a few
- Case Report – Sporadic Giant Mesentric Fibromatosis- A case report, Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology.
- Original Paper – Clinical Outcome of patients with complete pathological response to Neo Adjuvant chemoradiotherapy for locally rectal cancers – The Indian Scenario Gastroenterology Research and Practice.
- Original Paper – Impact of type of surgery (Laparoscopic vs Open) on the time to initiation of adjuvant chemotherapy in operable rectal cancer Indian Journal of Gastroenterology.
- Review Article – Harmful effects of Nicotine.
- Original Paper – Initial experience with Lateral Pelvic Lymph node dissection in locally advanced rectal cancers.
- Poster Presentation – At the DDF, London, U.K.
- Won the award for outstanding Paper for “A Comparative study between prolene mesh and indigenous mosquito net for inguinal hernia repair” at the 52nd Annual conference of the International College of Surgeons – Indian section held at Cidade Goa on 7th Oct’2006.
- Won the Ratan Tata Scholarship for the academic year 2006-2007.
- Won the B. Braun award for “Meritorius Student” for the academic year 2006-2007.