Dr. Sushma is a young and dynamic high-risk obstetrician with 6 years of experience in the field of obstetrics. She completed her MBBS from PSG Medical College. Her interest in obstetrics and gynaecology made her pursue MS (OBG) from SRM Medical College and DNB (OG). Married to a nephrologist she developed an interest in Obstetric Medicine and completed a fellowship in High-risk pregnancy at the prestigious Bangalore Medical College. She learned Obstetric ultrasound from another famous center for fetal medicine Mediscans, Chennai. She has about 6 years of experience in obstetrics. She is a patient-centric obstetrician delivering high standards of pregnancy care to low and high-risk pregnant mothers.
Possessing recent knowledge of High-risk pregnancy she is well equipped to diagnose and treat problems right from early pregnancy to delivery. She is good at pre-conception counseling, especially for high-risk mothers. Her down-to-earth character and simple and friendly behavior towards patients and their families, easy adaptability are factors you should consider while selecting her to be your consultant.
Areas of Interest
1. Preconception counseling in patients with preexisting medical diseases
2. Recurrent Pregnancy loss
3. Hypertensive disorders of Pregnancy
4. Pregnancy in Autoimmune diseases like SLE and APLA
5. Pregnancy post organ transplant ( Kidneys / Liver / Heart / Lungs )
6. Pregnancy in Kidney diseases such as CKD and Lupus Nephritis
7. Pregnancy in obese individuals/post-Bariatric surgery
8. Obstetric Medicine
9. Teenage pregnancy, advanced maternal age
10. Previous pregnancy with hypertension, preterm labour, stillbirth, difficult labour