Highly qualified physiotherapists at
Motherhood Hospitals have specialised knowledge of physio needs of women
through all stages of life.
Our physiotherapists play a critical role in
both antenatal and postnatal care, providing their expertise in helping women
stay healthy and fit during the entire period of pregnancy and beyond to ensure
a healthy and pleasant delivery experience and recovery post birthing through
specifically customized programs.
- Lamaze – A set of exercises that involves breathing and
relaxation techniques to facilitate a comfortable Labour experience and promote
normal (physiological) birth
- Postnatal classes – A set of exercise programs that help you get
back to shape post birthing.
- Pelvic floor exercise class – Specifically aimed at promoting
natural birth through strengthening of pelvic muscles
- Pre and Post childbirth education – Fitness related advises and
exercise for pre and post pregnancy periods. Our
physiotherapists will assess your individual health condition and prescribe the
most appropriate treatment for a speedy and effective recovery.
Some of our services include the treatment
- Pelvic floor disorders such as incontinence and prolapse
- Musculoskeletal conditions in pregnancy
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Newborn conditions
- Diabetes during pregnancy
- Women’s cancer including breast and gynaecological
- Bowel disorders
- Our Physiotherapists are also experts in managing various physiological conditions across the gamut of a woman’s life, including management of stress, healthy ageing and management of various gynecology related health issues such as muscle retraining, exercise therapy etc.