1800 108 8008
Dr. Revanta Saha
DEPARTMENTDermatology & Cosmetology
Dr. Revanta Saha worked as a junior resident (registrar) in the Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy (DV-L), School of Tropical Medicine, Kolkata, and also attained a post-graduation degree (Doctor of Medicine) in the same field during the same period.
Academic training during the period of residency: Consisted of academic sessions daily consisting of intra collegiate PG seminars on different topics in DV-L, Journal clubs, dermatopathology sessions, case presentations, monthly inter-institutional dermatology meets and IADVL meets. Attended multiple state-level and national-level dermatology conferences.
Interventional procedures: Performed innumerable dermatosurgical procedures starting from simple biopsies (punch, excision, incision, shave), electrosurgery of different skin conditions like viral warts, Radiofrequency surgery, cryosurgery, mole excision, sebaceous cyst excision to more complex surgeries like vitiligo punch grafting, blister grafting, epidermal cell suspensions. Well-versed with the use of PUVA and NB UVB whole-body chambers for treatment of different dermatological conditions. Three years of experience working with state-of-the-art lasers (Q switched Nd-YAG, Long pulse Nd-YAG, Intense pulsed light systems). Well-versed with common peeling agents and performed many peeling procedures for both cosmetic and therapeutic indications.
Botox and fillers and thread lifts: Attended workshops and observerships under leaders and practiced the same in hospital and clinic for indications such as dynamic wrinkles, crow's feet, volume enhancement of face, and sculpting.
Worked with :
- Fractional CO2 Lasers: Acne scar resurfacing, post burns scars, post-traumatic scars.
- Q Switched Nd YAG (1064nm): Nevus of Ota, Melasma, Freckles, Beckers Nevus, Black Tattoos.
- Long Pulse Nd YAG: Capillary Hemangiomas, spider Nevi.
IPL 755/695: Hair removal
- Presently the Vice President of the Community Dermatology Society of India
- Successfully co-organized conference on general hygiene of body, “Hygiene Matters-2017” in Bangalore on 25th and 26th Mar 2017.
- Completed a certification course by the American Academy of Dermatology on “Acne: Evaluating role of Diet, Azelaic Acid and Isotretinoin”.
- Participated in the Dermatology Self-Assessment program held by the American Academy of Dermatology.
- Selected for state-level dermatology quiz in Cuticon-2011.
- Third place in state-level dermatology quiz in Cuticon-2012.
- Winner of Galderma PG Academic Award-2013 in Dermacon -2013.
- Participated in workshop on “chemical peeling” in Dermacon 2013, February 2013
- Saha R, Sarkar S, Majumder M, Banerjee G. Bacteriological profile of aerobic and anaerobic isolates of trophic ulcer in leprosy: A study from Eastern India. Indian J Dermatol. 2019;64:372–6.
- Saha R, Sarkar S, Besra M, Das J, Das A, Ghosh S et.al.; Basidiobolomycosis: A Rare Subcutaneous Mycosis; J.Mycopathol Res, 51(2):355-356, 2013.
- Sarkar K, Kumar S, Saha B, Sarkar S, Saha R, Bhattacharya S, et.al.; Cryptococcal Meningitis in Non-HIV immune-compromised patient; J.Mycopathol Res, 51(2):311-313, 2013.
- Sarkar S, Sarkar A, Saha R, Sarkar T; Psoriasis and Psychiatric Morbidity: A Profile from a Tertiary Care Centre of Eastern India; J Family Med Prim Care. Jan-Mar; 3(1): 29–32, 2014.
- Asha S Kamath B, Golia S, Nirmala A R, Saha R, Jaiswal AK, Tiwari DK; A Case of Gonococcal Urethritis; Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci (2014) 3(7) 644-647.
- Asra Pourgharashi, Sebin Toms Varghese, Mr. Binai K Sankar, Dr. Revanta Saha. Assessment of Topical Corticosteroid use in Dermatological Conditions of Pediatric Population. JBPR (2017) Vol 6 No.4.
- Mysore V, Mahadevappa OH, Saha R; Isotretinoin and Procedures in Dermatology: Reviewing Clinical Significance: ACSI textbook of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery 2nd ed.