1800 108 8008
Dr (Lt Col) Shivani Jain
DEPARTMENTPregnancy Care/ Obstetrics, Gynaecology & Laparoscopic Gynaec Surgery
Dr. Shivani Jain, Experienced Obstetrician & Gynaecologist with over twenty years professional practice (including twelve years practice as Obstetrician & Gynaecologist specialist) in Indian Armed Forces hospitals across multi-locational, multi-cultural environment with large population spread. She Has provided services ranging from implementing first contact care to delivering obstetrics and gynaecology specialist care at secondary and tertiary level hospitals.
Academically inclined, has served as Faculty in Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, India training undergraduate/ postgraduate medical students, nursing, and para-clinical staff.
Key interest lies in improving Women's Health andStandard of Care by continuous self-improvement and adoption of safe clinical practices. She Has recently retired from Indian Armed Forces on 2 Jul 2022.
Primary Focus Area
• Patient Safety/ Risk Management
• System based clinical practice
• Outpatient prenatal care/ Obstetric Triage/ High risk Obstetrics management
• Management of labour/ Fetal heart rate interpretation/ Operative vaginal delivery (vacuum application)/ Labour ultrasound
• Management of obstetric complications/ Critical care Obstetrics
• Surgical skills: caesarean section, tubal ligation, dilatation & curettage, management of miscarriage/ ectopic pregnancy, laparotomy, hysterectomy
• Basic laparoscopy skills (management of ectopic, diagnostic laparoscopy, ovarian cystectomy, laparoscopic sterilization)
• Gynaecology care (acute and chronic conditions): haemorrhage, infections, PID
MBBS, MS (Obstetrics & Gynaecology) from Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune University, India
- MBBS, MS (Obstetrics & Gynaecology) from Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune University, India
- Organised and Conducted CME on Medical Disorders of Pregnancy at MilitaryHospital, Kirkee, Pune, India and presented on "Hypothyroidism in Pregnancy."
- Workshop in Practical Obstetric Skills as a delegate at RCOG World Congress, Hyderabad, India
- Training module of Neonatal Resuscitation Programme at Command Hospital Pune, India
- Conducted periodic Obstetric Drills for Emergency Obstetric situations for training of Trained Birth Attendants, Nurses and paraclinical staff.
- Guest Speaker in Online Webinar on Women's Health on the occasion of International Women's Day, 2021 attended by 100 army wives
- Initiated an online resource for problem based learning/education for nurses working in multi site hospitals.
1. Camps for Screening for cervical and breast cancer
2. Volunteer classes for mentally retarded girls at Orphanage, Saugor, Madhya Pradesh,India
3. Health Education
1. Dissertation/ Thesis on “Correlation of Doppler Middle Cerebral Artery-Peak Systolic Velocity with Fetal Anaemia in Rh Isoimmunized pregnancies”
2. Currently writing a Letter to the Editor for publication at MJAFI (Medical Journal of the Armed Forces India) on "Evolution and Challenges of the Informed Consent in Obstetrics and Gynaecology practice in a low resource setting"
Professional_MembershipsProfessional Membership - 1. Registered with Maharashtra Medical Council, MMC No. - :2022/12/9453 2. FOGSI Member of Federation of Obstetrics & Gynaecology of India 3. POGS Life Member of Pune Obstetrics & Gynaecology Society 4. IAGE Life Member of Indian Association of Gynaecological Endoscopists 5. MCI Registered medical practitioner/ specialist at Medical Council of India (MCI number 22373) 6. RCOG Student Member at Royal College of Obs & Gynae, UK (College number 199833) 7. ECFMG VERIFIED