1800 108 8008
Dr. Tejas Tamhane
Consultant - Fetal Medicine and Radiologist
UNITKharadi, Lullanagar, Pune
Qualification DetailsMBBS, MD (Radio-diagnosis) – (Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, MUHS) Fellowship in Advanced Fetal-Maternal Medicine (Mediscan, Chennai) Fellowship in Cross-sectional Body Imaging (TNMC, Mumbai)
Dr. Tejas Tamhane is a passionate fetal medicine specialist and a radiologist with over 8 years of experience in this field. With a keen eye for detail, he strives for a meticulous ultrasound evaluation of every baby in the womb to make sure parents get a healthy baby at the end of pregnancy.
Dr. Tejas underwent his training in Fetal Medicine under the guidance of Prof. Dr. S. Suresh (who is considered as a pioneer of Fetal Medicine in India) at Mediscan, Chennai. It is India's largest, tertiary referral fetal medicine hospital which is also an official training center of Fetal Medicine Foundation, London, UK. He has extensive hands-on experience of performing more than ten thousand obstetrics and gynecology ultrasound scans including 11-13 weeks scan and NT scan, Anomaly scan, Growth, and Doppler scans, Detailed Fetal Echocardiography, Multifetal pregnancy scans, and 3D/4D scans over the years.
He has a special interest in Fetal diagnostic and therapeutic interventions, Fetal echocardiography scans, Genetic screening, screening for preeclampsia, common aneuploidies, and common hemoglobinopathies. He believes in appropriate parental counseling for comprehensive fetal care and management of anomalies or complications by suggesting the right test or scan at the right time as per the latest international guidelines.
Dr. Tejas has published 13 research articles so far in Indexed journals of National and International repute. He is currently a part of the Editorial Board of East African Scholars Journal of Radiology and Imaging Technology.
He has been awarded a certificate of competency by the Fetal Medicine Foundation, London, UK.
Areas of expertise:
- Obstetrics Ultrasound including 11-13 weeks scan and NT scan, Anomaly scan, Growth and Doppler scans, Detailed Fetal Echocardiography, Multifetal pregnancy scans, extended Fetal Neurosonogram.
- Prenatal Diagnostic and therapeutic Fetal procedures like Amniocentesis, Chorionic villous biopsy, Cord blood sampling, Fetal Reduction, Intrauterine blood transfusion, etc.
- Fetal Medicine Consultation and Genetic Counselling.
- Counseling and management of pregnancies complicated by fetal anomalies.
- Fetal-Maternal MRI.
- Advanced Gynecology ultrasound and MRIs.
- General Ultrasound scans, Dopplers, Whole body CT scans and MRIs.
- Ultrasound and CT guided diagnostic interventional procedures like FNAC, Biopsy, catheter insertions, etc.
Professional_Memberships##Member, International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (ISUOG)– No. 68027 ##Life Member, Society of Fetal Medicine (SFM) – ID 4226 ##Life member, Indian Radiological and Imaging Association (IRIA)- Reg. No. 2551LM/M-874B ##Corresponding member- European Society of Radiology (ESR)- ID 535654 ##Member, Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)- No. 00695200 ##Member, European Society of Hybrid Imaging (ESHI) - ID 558549
CertificationsFetal Medicine Foundation, London, UK – certified for competency in 11-13 weeks scans, Preeclampsia screening, Fetal Doppler evaluations, and Cervical assessment.