1800 108 8008
Mrs. Saritha Nagaraj
DEPARTMENTChild Development Specialist (Speech Therapist, etc.)
LANGUAGEEnglish, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Hindi /English
Working TimeMonday to Saturday: 10:30 am – 2:30 pm
Mrs. Saritha Nagaraj is a Psychologist with a goal to provide the highest quality developmental screening and assessment of pre-term infants who are at risk for developmental delay. The goal of Early screening is early detection which further lays the foundation for early intervention and growth.
Early identification can lead to timely intervention for children at risk of developmental delays. If support is provided early in a child's life, it may negate or minimize the negative effect of a disability on the child's development. Early intervention positively impacts children's development, behavior, and performance, lessening the burden on the child, family and society.
The transition to parenthood can bring with it a mixed bag of emotions. Everything from joy to anxiety can crop up in preparation for and with a growing baby bump. Counseling provides a safe space for mom-to-be to talk about concerns that aren’t always talked about before, during, or after pregnancy. It’s a chance for a woman to sort through any conflicting emotions and boost or reinforce her mental wellness with supportive care.
Mrs. Saritha Nagaraj also provides supportive care in terms of basic counseling to mothers in their prenatal and postnatal phases of transition. In terms of increased severity of issues, cases can then be referred for further evaluation and supportive therapy as required. The intent is to help parents recognize the resources and skills they already have to bring into their pregnancy and parenting. It is very rewarding to see a mother’s fears and uncertainties disappear as she realizes she can face her motherhood confidently.
Mrs. Saritha Nagaraj has a good experience of more than 12 years working with children and adults in the field of psychology and Research as psychologist. She completed her Master's in Psychology at Bangalore University, Karnataka. She Qualified for National Eligibility Test (NET) for Lectureship University Grants Commission. She has worked and accumulated rich experience from various institutions in India like NIMHANS, Army Selection Centre, Bangalore, St. John’s Hospital and Research Institute, Turning Point Centre for psychological assessment, Therapies, and Counselling.
· Trained on Autism Observation Scale for Infants (AOSI) by Dr. Lonnie Zwaigenbaum from Autism Research Centre, University of Alberta 2020.
· Second author in the poster on “Development of an Instrument to identify early features of autism using an operational research design” (ESComS) that was selected for the International Society for Autism Research (INSAR) conference 2020.
· Poster presentation on “Development of an Instrument to identify early features of autism using an operational research design” (ESComS), St. John’s Research Institute, Bangalore, 2020.
· Attended the Dissemination program on ICMR National Ethical Guidelines for Biomedical and Health Research, St. John’s Hospital, 2019.
· Attended workshop and was certified on Global Mental Health Assessment Tool (GMHAT) in collaboration with University of Chester, UK 2019.
· Attended IAPNEOCON conference held in Bangalore 2019.
· Poster presentation on Neuro developmental outcomes in high risk neonates at Indian Academy of Pediatrics Neonatal conference (IAPNEOCON), Bangalore, 2019.
· Workshop on Neonatal Resuscitation Programme (NRP), organized by IAPNEOCON, Bangalore, 2019.
· Workshop on Lactation and counseling, NICU, St. John’s Hospital, Bangalore, 2019.
· Workshop on Kangaroo Mother Care (KMC), NICU, St. John’s Hospital, Bangalore, 2019.
· Certificate for counseling course from Prasanna counseling center, Basavanagudi, Bangalore.
· Workshop on Face Reading & Body Language, Bangalore, 2004.
Experience in the areas of:
1. Worked as a Senior Research Fellow in an ICMR-funded project titled “Development of an Instrument to identify early features of autism using an operational research design” (ESComS) at ST.JOHN’S RESEARCH INSTITUTE, Bangalore, From November 2019 to August 2020.
2. Worked as a social worker in an ICMR funded project titled “Comparison of the efficacy of a 7-day versus a 14 -day course of intravenous antibiotics in the treatment of uncomplicated neonatal bacterial sepsis: a randomized controlled non-inferiority trial” at ST. JOHN’S RESEARCH INSTITUTE, Bangalore, From September 2018 to October 2019.
3. Worked as a Junior Research Fellow in a DBT funded project titled “A Multi-Component Intervention to reduce home exposure to second hand smoke (SHS) during pregnancy”–the IMPRESS Study (Interventions for Mothers in Pregnancy to Reduce Exposure to Second hand Smoke) under Dr. Prabha S Chandra, Department of Psychiatry, NIMHANS, Bangalore, From June 2016 to July 2018
4. Worked as a Psychologist in a Longitudinal study entitled “Nestle Iodine” at ST. JOHN’S RESEARCH INSTITUTE, Bangalore, From July 2015 to February 2016.
5. Worked as a Psychologist at Turning Point centre for psychological assessment, Therapies and Counselling, Jayanagar, Bangalore, From October 2014 to July 2015.
6. Worked as a Research Assistant in a project on development of Picture Association Test as a measure to elicit officer like qualities during the selection of army officers at ARMY SELECTION CENTRE, Cubbon Road, Bangalore, From January 2012 to September 2014.
7. Worked as a Psychologist in a project entitled BRAHMI STUDY, in ST.JOHN’S RESEARCH INSTITUTE, Koramangala, Bangalore, From March 2010 to August 2011.
Mrs. Saritha Nagaraj is Psychologist in Banashankari , Bengaluru . She practises at Motherhood Hospital - Banashankari, Bengaluru, situated at 4, 30th Main Rd, Banagirinagara, Banashankari 3rd Stage, Opp Kempegowda Institute Of Medical Science, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560085.
Mrs. Saritha Nagaraj, a committed Psychologist, specializes in developmental screening and assessment for pre-term infants prone to delays. She prioritizes early identification and intervention to ensure optimal child development. You can book your appointment with her or call on 1800 108 8008 for consultation.
Mrs. Saritha Nagaraj, a devoted Psychologist, specializes in developmental screening and assessment for pre-term infants at risk of delays. She emphasizes early identification and intervention for optimal child development. She also offers vital counseling to mothers during pregnancy and postpartum, fostering mental well-being and parenting confidence.
Mrs. Saritha Nagaraj is a renowned Psychologist at Motherhood- Banashankari, Bengaluru and has an overall 12+ years of experience.