Dr. Mathews Joseph Panicker completed his M.D. in Psychiatry from Yenepoya Medical College and University, Mangalore, Karnataka. This was the stepping stone to his future in Mental Health where he would continue to grow, train and work under some of the best Psychiatrists in India. With a passion for psychiatry and treating clients with mental health issues, he has worked on building his portfolio to cater to the needs of different clientele. Dr. Mathews loves to make friends and meet new people and this quality has helped him to reach out to the heart, mind and soul of patients to help them combat and put at ease the various factors troubling oneself.
Doctor Mathews’ ultimate goal is to help clients see their real worth, help them heal and help them learn that they too deserve a real shot in this world and together with the right help, any form of mental illness can be conquered achieving ones best potential and highest quality of life.
Although his interests lie in Schizophrenia, Bipolar Affective Disorder and Dissociative disorders, he has evaluated patients with other psychiatric disorders as well.
- 4 years of experience – MD Psychiatry, Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore.
- MBBS, K.S. Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore.
- Attended and completed 2 courses; “Essentials of Counselling” and “Fundamentals of Gerontology” under the curriculum of International Skills Applied for Geriatrics – ISAGE Bridge Training Program in association with George Brown College, Canada.
- Completed course on “Caregivers as Partners – Mental Health and Addiction” organized by The Ontario Caregiver Organization, Canada.
- Senior Resident, Department of Psychiatry, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, India – 1 month.
Experience in the areas of: Psychiatry