1800 108 8008
How to find the best General Surgeon
An Endocrinologist is a specialist doctor who is trained in treating disorders of the endocrine system. An Endocrinologist deals with issues such as diabetes, thyroid, adrenal, and pituitary gland problems. The very fact that you have to see an Endocrinologist can be a source of great worry and embarrassment. For this reason, it is absolutely crucial to have a comfortable, easy-going relationship with your Endocrinologist. Here are some important factors to consider when choosing the best Endocrinologist in Indiranagar, Bangalore:
Start by asking your primary care doctor to recommend a couple of Endocrinologists. You can also talk to close family members and friends to narrow down the list. If this doesn’t bear fruit, you can search online for Endocrinologists in Indiranagar, Bangalore.
Once you’ve narrowed down your search to a few names, go through online patient reviews. Try and find out information such as:
- How prompt he is with regards to phone calls/emails
- How much time does he spend with patients
- How well he answers questions
- How friendly the hospital staff are
- How easy it is to book emergency appointments
The first thing to look out for is whether they are board-certified or not. It is a good idea to do some research on their educational background, such as medical school, certifications, etc. Also, check that they don’t have any malpractice claims filed against them.
It is important to look for an Endocrinologist who has experience in dealing with your particular issue. For example, if you are suffering from diabetes, find a doctor who has an extensive history of dealing with diabetic patients. If you have a certain procedure or operation in mind, find out how many times they have performed it in the past, and the possible risks and complications.
Go with an Endocrinologist that you are comfortable with. A good thing to do is ask questions and evaluate the responses. Does he communicate with compassion and empathy? Does he take his time answering, or does he seem to be rushing to the next question? Find an Endocrinologist who shows an interest in you and your medical history. Even If you are comfortable with his communication style, you will still need to ask a few more questions to see whether he is the right fit for you and your particular condition.
Now it is time to decide whether the Endocrinologist is the right fit for you. Ask questions such as:
- Have you treated this particular condition before?
- What are the potential risks and complications that can arise for my particular condition?
- What alternative treatments are available if any?
- What difficulties should I expect once I start treatment?
By the end of this conversation, you should be able to tell whether this particular Endocrinologist is the right fit for you.
It is also very important to be up to date with your insurance plan and its benefits. find an Endocrinologist who is part of your insurance plan so that you receive the best insurance benefits at the lowest cost.
Your Endocrinologist will determine which treatment method or combination of treatment methods will best suit your particular condition.
Treatment methods include:
- Hormone therapy: Certain supplements are given to restore the level of hormones.
- Medications: Medications might be prescribed to prevent the body from producing certain hormones or cause the body to produce them at a lower rate.
- Surgery: Surgery might be needed if the other treatment methods are unsuccessful.
MEET OUR SPECIALISTS
Meet the expert specialists that deliver the very best obstetrical, gynaecological, fertility, neonatal, and paediatric care to you. Find one nearest to you and book an appointment now