Dr. Gazala Khan is a Pune based practicing doctor since 2016. Having an experience of more than 8 years, she has done her specialization in Lactation consultation and Infant and young child feeding. She provides assistance on prenatal and post-natal care, lactation and Weaning, breastfeeding nutrition, and is a certified Maternal and Child wellness Coach
She counsels both in-patients and out-patients to troubleshoot concerns pertaining to breastfeeding.
She advises new mothers on positioning the infant at the breast, the right breastfeeding diet, nipple care, breast pumps, milk supply, infant sucking and any other breastfeeding questions or difficulties. Nursing mothers can reach out to her to every query, right from feeding to weaning.
Apart from this she is well trained in feeding of an NICU and preterm babies and transition of gavage fed babies to breastfeeding.
She is a certified Developmental Assessor of Infants (NICU graduates) and tracks their timely development and guides on interventional and developmental infant therapies.
She is a strong supporter and Promoter of breastfeeding and holds dignified positions with various breastfeeding support groups and institutions like ILCA (International Lactation Consultants Association, BPNI (Breastfeeding Promotion Network of India), ALPI (Associate Lactation Professional India) HMB network (Human Milk Banking Network) in India and Abroad
She also has an experience to Induce Lactation in cases of Surrogacy and adoptive baby and mother dyad.
Being a practitioner of Ayurveda, she has a good knowledge on herbal galactogoues and can guide mothers to boost up their milk supply in a scientific way.
She holds special experience in introducing of complementary foods to babies and Transition from breastfeeding to weaning.
Educational Qualification and Certifications:
1. International board certified lactation Consultant, IBCLC (Australia)
2. Advanced Certified lactation professional, ACLP (India)
3. Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery, BAMS
4. Certified Garbhsamskar expert practitioner and program developer.
5. DASII certified Developmental Assessor of Infants
6. Certified therapeutic infant massage and touch therapy trainer
7. Maternal and child wellness consultant (GIHS)
8. Provider of Emergency Medical Services
9. Certified infant and young child feeding specialist (IYCF, Delhi)
10. PIOMI Certified Infant oro motor stimulation expert.
1. Member of Maharashtra university of health Sciences (MUHS)
2. Member of IBCLC (international board of certified lactation consultants)
3. Member of ILCA ( international lactation consultants association)
4. Member of BPNI (Breastfeeding promotion network of India)
5. Member of ALPI (Association of lactation Professionals India)
6. Member of BSIM (Breastfeeding support for Indian Mothers)
7. Member of HMB network (Human Milk Banking Network) in India
Professional Achievements –
· Working with post-natal wards to establish and inculcate lactation education to newly delivered mothers (since 2016)
· Successfully induced lactation in surrogacy cases.
· Conducts Ante natal and post-natal Workshops to improve birth outcomes and easy transit to the post-partum journey with Special Breastfeeding Classes and Consultations
· Expertise in well-baby care management and preterm care management post-NICU discharge
· Conducts special classes for post-natal Infant care, and care of preterm & low birth weight babies.
· Early initiation and intervention program for newborns to achieve optimum developmental Milestones.
· Infant weaning consultations for optimum nutrition and growth.
· WhatsApp community Support group for new moms and moms-to-be.
· Participated in a lactation support line with various organizations and active Social media platforms
· Arayajanani Certified birthing and post-partum counselor
· Specializes in managing Tongue-tie and Lip-Tie babies with oral motor intervention and post-correction rehabilitation.
· Works closely with premature babies and expert in feed establishment of preterm babies, delivering early care and management of developmental outcomes of premies to transit to breastfeeding and optimum neuromotor development
· PIOMI Certified Infant oro motor stimulation expert
· Therapeutic infant massage and touch therapy trainer
· Human Milk Banking Expert
· Research coordinator for various lactation, milk bank and NICU-focused conducted studies.
· Conducts regular sessions on educating nursing staff in inculcating BFHI practices.
· Faculty in academics at various Lactation management and skills workshops Pan India level