1800 108 8008
Health Tips For Women Living With PCOS
Author - Motherhood Medical Team
PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), a hormonal condition, is becoming common in India as every 1 out of 5 Indian women in the reproductive age group is diagnosed with PCOS. Though the exact cause yet to be known, there are some changes that if adopted can help in managing the symptoms.
Lifestyle changes that can help a woman with PCOS
- Healthy eating and PCOS: Foods rich in fiber are beneficial for people with PCOS as they help in decreasing the effect of sugar on the blood for such people are at a risk of developing health conditions like type 2 diabetes. Some high fiber foods include broccoli, cauliflower, green and red peppers, beans, almonds, brown rice, buckwheat, oats, poha, lentils, chia seeds and barley. Besides high fiber diet, foods rich in protein are suggested as they are nutritious, like tofu, sprouted hara chana and moong.
- Avoiding food for PCOS: While the above foods are recommended for better nourishment, there are some to resist when you are having PCOS, as processed foods and sugary foods like white bread, muffins, sugary deserts etc. Moreover, beverages like soda and juice, and inflammation causing foods, like fries, or processed meats should also be avoided.
- Physical activity: Exercising regularly can be effective in improving insulin resistance as it is one of common causes of the symptoms of PCOS. The ideal thing to aim is getting involved in any type of physical activity for 30 minutes every day which can help to prevent weight gain and stay healthy.
- Healthy choices and confidence: Make healthy choices that will help to develop your confidence while shopping, eating, cooking etc.
- Seeking help: It’s always better to seek an advice from the practicing dietician to help you further in choosing the best options.
Leave a Comment:
Stay update don our latest packages, offer, news, new launches, and more. Enter your email to subscribe to our news letter