1800 108 8008
Vaccinating the baby
Author - Motherhood Medical Team
Vaccines are products given in childhood to stimulate the body's natural defenses hence preparing it to fight diseases effectively.
Why should your child get vaccinated?
- It provides protection against diseases like measles and whooping cough.
- It is a highly effective way to keep your child healthy
- Vaccinations are timed in a way that the immune system of your child will respond to it at various ages. Thus, they provide protection at all ages.
- To strengthen the child's immune system
What type of diseases do the vaccines for children cover?
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Acellular pertussis
- Haemophilus influenzae
- Pneumococcal disease
Ingredients of the modern day vaccines:
Today vaccines make use of certain ingredients like -
- Adjuvants that boost the body's response
- Stabilizers that keep vaccines effective after being manufactured.
- Formaldehydes are used to prevent contamination by bacteria
- Thimerosal used in the manufacturing process.
Do you know that certain vaccines protect the babies before birth?
Yes, babies receive antibodies during pregnancy from the vaccines their mothers had. For example, the measles vaccine protects the baby in the womb for a short time span. However, this protection wears off after a certain time and is thus injected again when they are 12-18 months old. Babies get the shots at this age to keep them protected from measles and two other diseases.
How do the vaccines work?
Vaccines spark the immune response to specific diseases. So, the next time that the virus Or bacteria invades your body in the future, your immune system will already know how to fight it. Thus, the body is now ready to fight infections more efficiently.
Vaccines form a significant part of baby health. The infants bear a weak immune system. They need vaccines to strengthen immunity. It is thus highly recommended that you ensure that your child is fully vaccinated in the early stages of life.
At Motherhood Hospitals, we have a team of experienced super specialists backed by the latest in infrastructure and facilities. We have the best Neonatologist who are experts providing optimum state-of-the-art care for critically ill, as well as recovering, neonates and infants.
Do take an appointment with the best Neonatology hospital at a centre closest to you. Meet with our doctors who will carry out the required investigations, diagnose the issue and recommend the most appropriate treatment, enabling you to lead an active life.
Leave a Comment:
Stay update don our latest packages, offer, news, new launches, and more. Enter your email to subscribe to our news letter