1800 108 8008
Dealing With a Sedentary Life
Modern advances make our lives easier, but they've led many of us to adopt a more sedentary lifestyle. Much of our lives require us to stop moving. Moving less and sitting more is linked to several health conditions and is believed to be a significant cause of the obesity epidemic.
Take a second to see how your day looks. If it's working at a desk or in one place, followed by home, then dinner, TV and bed, is it any wonder you can't fit in any exercise?
The risks posed by a sedentary lifestyle have made people more aware of how to prevent them. We become more active in finding ways to work more efficiently and perform tasks more conveniently. Today's trends at work and home are demanding. That's why it is crucial to find ways to prevent the adverse effects of sedentary living.
Tips you Should Consider To Avoid A Sedentary Lifestyle
Keeping an active lifestyle is one of the major ways to keep yourself away from the perils of a sedentary lifestyle. Check the following tips and apply them in your daily living to achieve an active and healthier way of living.
- Choose to stay healthy and fit. Be aware of how to keep your body fit and healthy. Choose healthy foods and drinks. Have regular exercise to keep yourself feeling active.
- Take a walk or go cycling when going to your work. If you can reach your workplace in a matter of minutes, take a walk instead of riding in a vehicle. Cycling can also help to keep you moving. This will also help you avoid being stagnant and keep moving.
- Do some types of stretching. You can do it while you're at your desk or while at home before doing some chores. By doing some stretching, you can keep good circulation throughout the body.
- Gain the benefits of standing desks, converters, or sit-stand desks. More and more companies are getting on the benefits of applying ergonomics in the workplace. This includes utilising ergonomic equipment such as wobble chairs, standing desks, and converters. They are proven to lessen the adverse effects of a sedentary lifestyle.
- Instead of calling or sending an email, you can do it by delivering the message to your colleagues. If you have something to tell your workmates about work, you can walk around the office and tell them. This can be another technique to keep yourself moving.
- Try not to have lunch while working at your desk. Do not miss your lunch to keep you physically and mentally active the whole day.
- Take a break for 5-10 minutes. A job can be overwhelming throughout the day due to deadlines and tedious tasks to be completed. It is imperative to take a 10-minute break to avoid too much strain.
- Have a standing meeting. Usually, meetings can last for several hours; thus, sitting can be for hours, too. This is the reason why standing during meetings is also promoted.
- Take the stairs instead. Using the stairs instead of the elevators is smarter to keep you more active. You can make it a habit, so this can be a simple yet effective health routine.
Keeping yourself away from a sedentary lifestyle can be both a daunting and exciting experience. Be responsible and consistent in doing things that will help you avoid the adverse effects of being sedentary. Make sure to get updated on the current trends and innovations, so you'll not miss the strategies on how to stay comfortable and healthy at work and at home.
At Motherhood Hospitals we have a team of experienced supers specialists backed by the latest infrastructure and facilities. We have the best gynaecologist in Gurgaon. We are experts in handling complex deliveries, gynaecological, and other surgeries, including various laparoscopic surgeries.
Do make an appointment with the best womancare hospital in Gurgaon at a centre closest to you. Meet with our doctors, who will carry out the required investigations, diagnose the issue and recommend the most appropriate treatment, enabling you to lead an active life.
Leave a Comment:
Stay update don our latest packages, offer, news, new launches, and more. Enter your email to subscribe to our news letter