1800 108 8008
Tips to get your body ready for pregnancy
Author - Motherhood Medical Team
You may be planning for pregnancy, but there may be some questions in your mind regarding how to make your body ready for it. There are some steps that if taken will give you the best possible chance of having a healthy pregnancy along with a healthy baby.
Your heart actually grows during pregnancy as the blood volume increases up to 50% which makes it beat faster.
Tips to get ready for pregnancy
Here are some important steps that you can plan to undertake in order to begin your motherhood easily:
- A preconception checkup: If you are ready to get pregnant, it is better that you schedule a preconception checkup. During this checkup, your overall health status will be reviewed along with the health history. Besides, there may some health areas where you need some improvement which can be analyzed by the doctor as well.
- Taking folic acid supplement: Before you start conception, it is advised that you should take 400 micrograms of folic acid every day though your first trimester. The process can be started 30 days prior to conception. By taking folic acid, you are decreasing the chances of birth defects in your baby.
- Avoid alcohol intake: Excessive drinking is prohibited when you are trying out for pregnancy, though a moderate drink is considered fine. While during pregnancy, it is better to avoid drinking as this may pose health problems for the developing fetus.
- Cut off smoking: Smoking can lead to miscarriage or premature birth, where you should halt this activity as it can also make it difficult for you to get pregnant.
- Eat well and exercise: Having healthy preconception diet including of whole grains, lean proteins, low fat diary can prepare your body for pregnancy. Moreover, exercising can keep your body strong and healthy.
- Monitor your weight: A healthy weight can make your pregnancy smoother where you can easily get pregnant as well. It is better to maintain a healthy weight before trying to conceive.
At Motherhood Hospitals, we have a team of experienced super specialists backed by the latest in infrastructure and facilities. We have the best Gynaecologist who are experts in handling complex deliveries, gynaecological needs, and other surgeries including a range of laparoscopic surgeries.
Do take an appointment with the best delivery hospital at a centre closest to you. Meet with our doctors who will carry out the required investigations, diagnose the issue and recommend the most appropriate treatment, enabling you to lead an active life.
If you wish to get in touch with our doctors, please book your appointment here.
Leave a Comment:
Stay update don our latest packages, offer, news, new launches, and more. Enter your email to subscribe to our news letter
No comment yet, add your voice below!