1800 108 8008
Child spacing: An ideal age between children
Author - Motherhood Medical Team
After having been through a pregnancy, a woman's body undergoes a sea change, both physically and mentally. With such rapid changes, no woman can undergo another pregnancy. Way before the body heals, another pregnancy would be a nightmare for both the woman and her baby.
- The practice of waiting between pregnancies is known as child spacing.
- It is recommended that a woman should wait for at least 18 months before she could get pregnant again.
- Child spacing is the best option for a woman's health.
What if you don't maintain child spacing?
It would take a toll on the woman's health as well as the health of the baby by poor birth outcomes like premature birth and low birth weight baby. These conditions are associated with infant mortality and short and long-term health complications.
Ways to avoid unplanned pregnancy during birth spacing
- Avoid sex during the fertile days.
- Barrier methods: female condom, male condom, diaphragm or shield
- Medications/ Hormonal methods: pills, injections, patches, implants, and more.
Since each of the above methods varies in the degree of effectiveness one must take care of the best suitable method keeping in mind the health status of the woman like blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, anemia, BMI(body mass index), smoking, and drinking.
Benefits of child spacing
- By child spacing, the baby can be born at the right time and one can expect a healthy baby.
- We can expect green shoots in the process of development as the baby will have undivided attention.
- The mom gets more time to bond with the baby.
- Future babies will be healthier as during the resting stages the mother was able to restore the necessary nutrients.
- Both parents will have time for each other
- The family will bond better
- If you have an older child, he/she will get more time to accept the sibling. Fewer chances of rivalry between the two.
At Motherhood Hospitals, we have a team of experienced super specialists backed by the latest in infrastructure and facilities. We have the best Gynaecologist who are experts in handling complex deliveries, gynaecological needs, and other surgeries including a range of laparoscopic surgeries.
Do take an appointment with the best maternity hospital at a centre closest to you. Meet with our doctors who will carry out the required investigations, diagnose the issue and recommend the most appropriate treatment, enabling you to lead an active life.
Leave a Comment:
Stay update don our latest packages, offer, news, new launches, and more. Enter your email to subscribe to our news letter