1800 108 8008
Is it easier to get pregnant the second time?
Author - Motherhood Medical Team
Bearing baby number two could be both exciting and scary. While the first pregnancy solves several issues, the second one comes with a new set of challenges to deal with. It is often believed that a woman is extra fertile after a pregnancy loss because of elevated progesterone levels. This is a myth. Second pregnancy has to be effectively spaced to get the best results and it is quite different from the first one as the body undergoes an ocean change in hormones.
Advantages of second pregnancy
- First pregnancy can solve issues of endometriosis that make it harder to get pregnant for the first time.
- The uterus can now stretch out adhesions. The adhesions make it difficult for the egg to descend from the fallopian tube to the uterus. However, the first pregnancy eases it out.
- You have already been through the minuscule issues like gastric problems and other stuff. Second pregnancy would not have you running here and there for small things.
- Being well acquainted with ovulation tracker and other devices could make pregnancy handling smoother than before.
What makes second pregnancy difficult?
- The second pregnancy is quite tiring. Looking after the first child while handling pregnancy issues could stress you out, especially if the first one is at the breastfeeding stage. In such a case, hormonal issues will have you grappling with pregnancy at least for six months. You will be more anxious and less active.
- Scarring during c - section often makes implantation and placenta formation difficult.
- Secondary infertility and PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) could take a toll, especially if you are above 35.
- False labor pains and morning sickness are common during the second pregnancy.
Apart from these few differences, you can enjoy the kicks that come sooner in the second pregnancy along with short labor.
At Motherhood Hospitals, we have a team of experienced super specialists backed by the latest in infrastructure and facilities. We have the best Gynaecologist who are experts in handling complex deliveries, gynaecological needs, and other surgeries including a range of laparoscopic surgeries.
Do take an appointment with the best maternity hospital at a centre closest to you. Meet with our doctors who will carry out the required investigations, diagnose the issue and recommend the most appropriate treatment, enabling you to lead an active life.
If you wish to get in touch with our doctors, please book your appointment here.
Leave a Comment:
Stay update don our latest packages, offer, news, new launches, and more. Enter your email to subscribe to our news letter
No comment yet, add your voice below!