1800 108 8008
Qualities to look for in choosing a gynaecologist (Obs/ Gynae)
Author - Dr. Pratima Thamke MBBS, MRCOG, MD
Consultant - Obstetrician & Gynaecologist at Motherhood Hospital Kharghar, Mumbai
Obstetrics & gynaecology services are essential to help a woman maintain her reproductive health and wellness. It's necessary to seek out a gynaecologist who is experienced and competent enough to understand the various issues that could arise at different ages and help you address your health concerns. This could be painful periods, issues associated with the reproductive system, infections, uterine problems, issues related to pregnancy, contraceptives, and more. You must be able to share all this and more with your gynaecologist. Even if you think you are healthy, it is always advisable to get periodic tests done to ensure all is well internally.
Tips to find the Best Gynaecologist
- References and recommendations - The first thing towards identifying the right gynaecologist is to gather references - it could be from your GP, friends, family or other acquaintances. Do take some time to research the Doctor’s credentials, experience and skills. Find more about certifications, institution, affiliations and training.
- Assess for their approachability - You'll share your most intimate problems with your gynaecologist only if you have an atmosphere that makes you comfortable. Your doctor must have a friendly disposition and be willing to give you a patient hearing. The doctor must be effective in his/ her communication and reassuring while answering questions.
- Patient reviews - Look for patient reviews online before booking an appointment. Examine the number of reviews, check if they are recent and invest a little time on portals such as Google, HealthGrades or Vitals. Search for a doctor with a good star rating and then shortlist the one you think is best suited for you.
- Is the gynaecologist part of a network institution? - Before booking an appointment with the gynaecologist or obstetrician, see if they're part of the network and you are covered under your insurance plan. If you decide to go for a doctor that's out of network, you could face issues in terms of settlement or processing subsequently.
- Reputation of the hospital - If you're searching for a reputed gynaecologist or obstetrician, ensure the professional is part of the best gynaecology hospital, a reputed institution with world class infrastructure. Take note of the various top-rated obstetrics and gynaecology clinics in the vicinity. If you're pregnant, you may want to be associated with a hospital that's easy to reach and well connected to your home.
- Expertise/ experience - You will need to engage with an experienced gynaecologist/obstetrician with an ability to address complex pregnancy/ menopause issues or uterine conditions. Do bear in mind that you will need the advice and guidance of a competent professional to help you address and manage your condition.
- Similar value systems - The gynaecologist or obstetrician will advise you on personal topics like pregnancy and contraception, issues on which individuals may have different opinions. Do confirm if there is an alignment in terms of thinking before you begin interacting with the doctor.
Finding the best gynaecologist can take a while, do your due diligence patiently, talk to people before you make your decision.
Your gynaecologist is a vital member of your healthcare team because he/ she is responsible for your and your child’s health. You must associate with someone experienced and someone you could trust during and after pregnancy. Getting the recommendations required and identifying the right specialist and you could maintain a healthy and active life with that valuable advice.
At Motherhood Hospitals, we have a team of experienced super specialists backed by the latest in infrastructure and facilities. We have the best Gynaecologist specialists in Kharghar, Mumbai. We are experts in handling complex deliveries, gynaecological, and other surgeries including a range of laparoscopic surgeries.
Do take an appointment with the best Gynaecology hospital in Kharghar, Mumbai at a centre closest to you. Meet with our doctors who will carry out the required investigations, diagnose the issue and recommend the most appropriate treatment, enabling you to lead an active life.
If you wish to get in touch with Dr. Pratima Thamke please book your appointment here
Leave a Comment:
Stay update don our latest packages, offer, news, new launches, and more. Enter your email to subscribe to our news letter
No comment yet, add your voice below!