1800 108 8008
Treatment Options To Counter The Suffering Of Menopause Symptoms.
Menopause is the transitional stage in a woman’s life that can cause symptoms that may last for months or even years. Some common symptoms include hot flashes, night sweats, mood changes, irritability, tiredness, insomnia etc. Besides these symptoms, a woman is at risk of several diseases during this period including obesity, heart disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, etc. It may be a concern for some but it is always better if you consult the doctor and go through the evaluation process.
The treatment procedure comprises relieving the signs and symptoms of menopause, which may include:
• Hormone therapy: When it comes to hot flashes, estrogen therapy is the effective option to get relief from this. Besides, estrogen also helps in the prevention of bone loss. Though long-term uses may concur with some risks, but this therapy has shown benefits for women during menopause.
• Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT): This talking therapy can be used to help with low mood and anxiety problems, along with some symptoms of hot flashes and joint pain.
• Low-dose antidepressants: There are some antidepressants from the class of drugs known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) that help in decreasing hot flashes. Besides, these can be helpful for mood disorders.
• Vaginal estrogen: Estrogen can be directly used over the vagina in the form of vaginal cream or tablet to relieve vaginal dryness.
• Medications for osteoporosis: While bones are affected during this phase, your doctor may prescribe medications for the same to reduce bone loss. You may be given some vitamin D supplements to strengthen the bones.
• Clonidine: This medication may be administered to treat high blood pressure which in turn can help you get some relief from the hot flashes as well.
• Gabapentin: While some women may not be able to use hormone therapy due to their health concerns, this dosage of drugs can help prevent seizures and reduce hot flashes.
Leave a Comment:
Stay update don our latest packages, offer, news, new launches, and more. Enter your email to subscribe to our news letter
No comment yet, add your voice below!