1800 108 8008
Preconception counselling in Pregnancy and Postnatal care
Author - Motherhood Medical Team
You may be wishing to have a healthy and happy pregnancy where having a consultation can help you. Preconception counselling concurs to planned and healthy pregnancy. During this, you can have an appointment with your healthcare specialist to plan about your pregnancy along with mitigating prevailing risk factors.
If there is poor control of diabetes, it can increase the chances of birth defects and other problems for pregnancy.
Appointment with your doctor regarding preconception counseling should be planned before three months of pregnancy. During your appointment, the following areas may be considered and discussed:
- Your medical history: Your healthcare provider will go through your overall health before pregnancy. Any pre-existing medical condition, if any, would be discussed along with the need of medications.
- Family history: Knowing about family history can help in identifying any genetic condition that may be passed over.
- Lifestyle: A proper and healthy lifestyle means a healthy pregnancy where your health care provider will recommend a nutritious diet, exercising, and stoppage of smoking or alcohol.
While these are the topics discussed, there are some tests as well that can be conducted during preconception counseling, as:
- Physical examination: Your healthcare provider may take your physical exam where he can check your heart, lungs, breast, thyroid, abdomen, weight etc. Besides, a pelvic exam and blood pressure may also be checked.
- Tests: In case of any disease or condition, various tests for cell blood count (CBC), thyroid issues, diabetes screening etc. may be conducted as well.
Postnatal care refers to the immediate care dispensed towards a mother after delivery. It includes prevention, elimination, early detection and medication for health complications. Mothers need care after delivery as they suffer from physical as well as emotional changes. Postnatal care involves taking care of nutrition, proper rest, and vaginal care for the mother to help her recover quickly.
At Motherhood Hospitals, we have a team of experienced super specialists backed by the latest in infrastructure and facilities. We have the best Gynaecologist who are experts in handling complex deliveries, gynaecological needs, and other surgeries including a range of laparoscopic surgeries.
Do take an appointment with the best Gynaecology hospital at a centre closest to you. Meet with our doctors who will carry out the required investigations, diagnose the issue and recommend the most appropriate treatment, enabling you to lead an active life.
Leave a Comment:
Stay update don our latest packages, offer, news, new launches, and more. Enter your email to subscribe to our news letter