1800 108 8008
Author - Motherhood Medical Team
You may be not ready to have a baby right now. While having no intention for starting a family, you may want to prevent your pregnancy while adhering to the safest possible way. Contraception is one of the ways that can prevent your pregnancy along with protecting you from sexually transmissible infections (STI’s).
World contraception day is celebrated on 26 September every year to provide right to all the couples and individuals to decide freely.
Safe contraception methods
While there are many options for contraception, but we will consider some of the methods that are safe for you:
- Condoms: This is one of the effective contraceptive that not only prevents pregnancy but also provides protections against STIs. It is free from hormones and can be used on demand as well. While it renders a safety option, but it can come off during intercourse if not used properly.
- Oral contraceptive pills: Being one of the most common methods used for contraception, oral contraceptive pills are of different types that are effective when used by women once a day. However, you should take these pills when recommended by a medical professional.
- Intrauterine device (IUD): This is a small device comprising of progesterone hormone or copper which can be placed inside the uterus of a woman by a trained professional. It can be used for long run where it can be effective in birth control.
- The contraceptive injection: Comprising progesterone, this injection can be inserted via woman’s buttock or upper arm where the hormone is released into the blood stream to render its job as a contraceptive.
- Diaphragm: It can also act a safe contraceptive when placed correctly inside the uterus to prevent the fertilization. It is usually a small dome shaped silicon which can be used more than once as it can be taken out and cleaned.
The final decision of using a birth control contraceptive rests on the recommendations of your health care provider along with your partner.
At Motherhood Hospitals, we have a team of experienced super specialists backed by the latest in infrastructure and facilities. We have the best Gynaecologist who are experts in handling complex deliveries, gynaecological needs, and other surgeries including a range of laparoscopic surgeries.
Do take an appointment with the best Gynaecology hospital at a centre closest to you. Meet with our doctors who will carry out the required investigations, diagnose the issue and recommend the most appropriate treatment, enabling you to lead an active life.
Leave a Comment:
Stay update don our latest packages, offer, news, new launches, and more. Enter your email to subscribe to our news letter