1800 108 8008
Learn about the best days to conceive
Author - Dr Parul Sathe MS, DNB and fellowship in Advanced Fertility
Consultant - Gynaecologist at Motherhood Hospital, Kharghar, Mumbai
Timing your pregnancy can be the one of the best ways to go through your pregnancy journey as it helps you to be fully prepared. When you are planning to conceive, it is better to know the days that render with the best possibility. Since a woman’s body undergoes numerous changes, there are some days that are regarded as the most fertile days during which the chances of having the baby are utmost.
Quick Fact: Surprise! Your weight can affect your overall ability to conceive a baby.
Ovulation and pregnancy
When the eggs are released from the ovaries, we refer to it as ovulation. After the eggs are released, they travel to the fallopian tube where fertilization occurs with the sperm. Ovulation usually occurs 12 -14 days prior to your menstrual cycle, which can range between 28-32 days in an average person. If we consider this timeline, the time of ovulation can be the most fertile period to kick off your pregnancy. There are some days during the menstrual cycle when you are likely to become pregnant known as the “fertile window” which can be detected using ovulation calculators. It is because the sperm in your fallopian tube can remain there up to a few days where the egg must reach the fallopian tube during that time and begin the process of fertilization.
Ovulation Date calculator
Generally, most people ovulate between 11-21 days of their menstrual cycle, where the date of ovulation can also vary every month. It is considered ideal if you try to conceive on the day of your ovulation or around the days of this process. So to determine the days of your ovulation using Ovulation calendar, you can:
- Pinpoint your monthly menstrual cycle so as to know about the length of an average cycle
- To make this happen, you need to start from the first day of your period and count the days between your periods.
- Since 28 days are considered as average, this range can be different where some may have between 21-35 days
- Say for example your menstrual cycle is for 28 days after the last one began, it is likely that you will ovulate between day 14-16.
There are few techniques that can help you find your most fertile days, such as ovulation calculators. Ovulation date calculator can provide you with an estimate of your fertile days which can help you in conceiving at the right time. This estimation is done by counting back 14 days from the day you expect your next period. Therefore, an ovulation calculator can provide you with ovulation dates and fertile days for women who are having regular periods. Motherhood Hospitals dispense the service of easy-to-use free ovulation calculators that can predict the ideal time for conceiving a baby.
You can predict your ovulation by looking for the below mentioned indicators:
- Fertile cervical mucus: Cervical mucus secretions increase as you approach ovulation. You may have wet or egg-white-like cervical mucus during your fertile days.
- Increase in basal body temperature: When at rest, the temperature of your body is referred to as basal body temperature (BBT) which varies throughout the days or months. After ovulation, a change in hormonal levels like an increase in the levels of progesterone can increase your temperature slightly.
- Ovulation predictor kits: They help in detecting ovulation when used for testing where if they come positive, you are likely to ovulate.
At Motherhood Hospitals, we have a team of experienced super specialists backed by the latest in infrastructure and facilities. We have the best Gynaecologist in Kharghar, Mumbai. We are experts in handling complex deliveries, gynaecological, and other surgeries including a range of laparoscopic surgeries.
Do take an appointment with the best Gynaecology hospital in Kharghar, Mumbai at a centre closest to you. Meet with our doctors who will carry out the required investigations, diagnose the issue and recommend the most appropriate treatment, enabling you to lead an active life.
Leave a Comment:
Stay update don our latest packages, offer, news, new launches, and more. Enter your email to subscribe to our news letter