1800 108 8008
What is an Interval Growth Scan?
An interval growth scan, also known as foetal growth scan, is a type of ultrasound scan which evaluates whether the growth of your baby is healthy or not. At Motherhood Hospitals, doctors recommend interval growth during the third trimester of your pregnancy.
What is the goal of a growth scan?
An interval growth scans in pregnancy is done to evaluate the essential information about foetal growth and your pregnancy. It is also required to:
- Determine the final position of the placenta
- Check the overall growth of your baby
- Check the weight of your baby close to your estimated delivery date
- Determine the foetal position
- Check the amniotic fluid volume
Who needs an interval growth scan?
Doctors at Motherhood Hospitals usually recommend an interval growth scan to women with the following reasons:
- If you have had difficulties in your previous pregnancies
- If you have developed gestational diabetes and high blood pressure during pregnancy
- If the doctor suspects that your abdominal measurements are normal
- If you develop pregnancy complications due to the placental position
- If you begin to experience less foetal movements during your third trimester
- If you have a multiple pregnancy
- If you have a foetal breech position
Why Choose Motherhood Hospitals?
The team of Motherhood Hospitals is with you in the most valued and cherished journey of your life. Our team of professionals are always here to advise you with all the questions and concerns related to your pregnancy. We have excellent foetal medicine and general ultrasound services. With a state-of-the-art ultrasound machine and foetal medicine specialist, we provide a full range of services for the unborn fetuses.