1800 108 8008
At Motherhood, we understand the importance of carefully monitoring the development of the foetus. The Foetal Medicine Department is fully equipped with the latest technologies to assess the growth and development of your unborn baby at various stages of the pregnancy. This diagnosis also helps in early detection of illnesses and abnormalities, enabling early treatments which prevent the mother and child from getting harmed.
Foetal Medicine Services
The necessary preventative and curative treatments are administered in a timely manner and Motherhood Hospitals is well-equipped with advanced scanning machines that aid in diagnosis. We have a team of experienced ultrasound specialists who monitor both the mother and child with the help of state-of-the-art 3D/4D ultrasound scanning equipment.
First Trimester Scan
- Estimates the date of delivery
- Checks pregnancy for possibility of twins
- Confirms the site of placental implantation
Second Trimester Scan
- Estimates date of delivery
- Checks organ development
- Assesses the amount of amniotic fluid
- Checks blood flow to the baby and within the baby
Third Trimester Scan
- Checks fetal well-being
- Tests the baby’s growth rate
- Checks baby’s weight
- Pregnancy with chronic hypertension
- Pregnancy with diabetes
- Pregnancy with heart disease
- Thyroid disorders in pregnancy
- Multiple pregnancies
- Evaluation of family history
- Advice regarding minimally invasive tests (Amniocentesis, CVS, and Fetal Reductions) and non-invasive tests
- Compassionate family counseling
Why Choose Us?
Motherhood Hospitals is the leading healthcare hospital dedicated to women and children, with hospitals across India. We offer several services to treat pregnancies with fetal abnormalities and disorders. We provide comprehensive care, all the way from diagnosis to treatment. If deemed necessary, we might advocate a team approach with our associated specialties for your and your baby’s health.