1800 108 8008
Types of Family Planning
- Barrier methods prevent pregnancy by keeping the sperm from reaching the egg.
- Hormonal methods prevent the woman’s ovary from releasing an egg, make it harder for the sperm to reach the egg, and keep the lining of the womb from supporting a pregnancy.
- IUDs prevent the man’s sperm from fertilizing the woman’s egg.
- Natural methods help a woman know when she is fertile, so that she can avoid having sex at that time.
- Permanent methods make it impossible for a man or a woman to have any children.