Dr. Karthik Balasubramanian
Dr. Karthik Balasubramanian has over 12 years of experience in the field of Neonatology & Pediatrics. He has graduated from one of the premier institutes of the country. He is keen in providing quality and evidence based medical care to every patient. He is well trained in the management of neonatal conditions like extreme low birth weight and very low birth weight babies, HMD and surfactant administration, invasive and non-invasive modes of ventilation, high frequency ventilation, inhaled nitric oxide administration, therapeutic hypothermia, total parenteral nutrition, functional neonatal echocardiography and ultrasound head, management of PPHN, etc. He has special interest in neonatal cardiology and neonatal intensive care medicine. He trains fellows in the neonatal unit as a part of fellowship program in neonatal intensive care under TN Dr. MGR Medical University.
- Life Member – National Neonatology Forum
- Life Member – Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Life Member – Indian Medical Association
- President of the Coimbatore Neonatology Association (2017-2019)
Dr. Karthik BalasubramanianMBBS, MD (Pediatrics), DM (Neonatology)
- Publication – Isotonic versus Hypotonic Fluid Supplementation in Term Neonates with Severe Hyperbilirubinemia – A Double Blind, Randomized Controlled Trial. Acta Paediatr. 2011 Oct 31. doi: 10.1111/j.1651-2227.2011.02508.x
- Publication -2. Fluid supplementation in hyperbilirubinemia. Indian J Pediatr. 2011 Sep; 78(9): 1096-9.
- Publication-Multiple brain abscesses and facial palsy in a neonate. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed doi:10.1136/fetalneonatal-2012-301702
- Publication-Neonatal Aortic Dilatation Secondary to Vitamin A Deficiency. Pediatrics, 2015 May; 135: e132.
- Publication-Intraperitoneal rectal perforation presenting as fetal ascites – a rare occurrence. Indian J Case Reports, 2016 Feb.